According to recent survey of Market Research Media photographers have tired to wait for Canon and Nikon to deliver long waited full frame mirrorless camera. Even the long-time loyal customers of Canon and Nikon are leaving in droves photography market giants lagging in innovation to benefit from advanced features of Sony’s latest product offers. In the crop-sensor segment Fujifilm and Olympus are winning hearts and wallets of amateur photographers.
If Apple were to enter the digital camera market now with ios-based dedicated photography device (software-defined camera) with all its panache, creativity and connected infrastructure appeal, it would decimate not only the existing digital camera market but also the workflow and stock photography market segments dominated by Adobe and Getty Images.
What do photographers want to get from Canon and Nikon? According to survey of Market Research Media the photographers want:
- Full frame mirrorless camera with EF-mount/F-mount for Canon/Nikon respectively. Photographers want to use legacy lenses without adapter.
- High resolution
- 4K video capability
- Maximized autofocus capability, not crippled in lesser models, as often abused by Canon.
- Sensor with high dynamic range without low pass filter.
- Regular updates of software fixing model bugs
- Advanced features: focus peaking, pixel shifting, multiple lens capability.
Photographers tired to wait.