C3 IoT, the leading AI and IoT software platform provider for digital transformation, announced a new round of financing by existing investors TPG Growth, Breyer Capital, Sutter Hill, Pat House and Thomas M. Siebel. Joining the round is The Rise Fund, the global investment fund that is committed to achieving measurable social and environmental outcomes alongside competitive financial returns. C3 IoT provides several AI-based product offerings that deliver environmental and social benefits, such as energy management and precision health solutions. [Read more…] about Monthly #VC Financing Digest, January 2017
The Finding Your First Investor conference will be at Hogan Lovells in Menlo Park from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and will be emceed by Tom O’Malley, CEO of Convetit, Inc. and Riley. There will be numerous opportunities for face-time with investors. Attendees will hear from and interact with prominent VC firms and angel groups.
The VC Taskforce second annual “Finding Your First Investor” (FYFI) conference, which will take place on Tuesday, November 14, will feature investor panels, audience Q&As, and pitching opportunities organized specifically to help start-ups who would like to get funding and are serious about talking to investors. The one-day program gives start-ups an opportunity to not only pitch to some of the most well-known early stage investors in Silicon Valley, but also to hear from the investors themselves as to what they want — and expect — from companies seeking funding.
In Germany, there is a gap in financing Deep Technology start-ups, especially for series A and B financing, ie early-stage financing after the seed phase. Omnes Capital, one of the leading private equity and infrastructure investors in Europe based in Paris, with offices in Munich, Zurich and Brussels, is addressing this sector with its “Omnes Deep Tech” fund, inviting especially German companies to gain access to technology Know-how and start ups. On 15 November, Omnes will present its concept of deep-tech financing at a Venture Evening at the Lovelace in Munich. Industry experts provide information about the market, how to gain access to the best start-ups and the key investment criteria for deep-technology companies.
This month we see a lot of VC funding activity in three tech segments – analytics, cloud infrastructure and cyber security. Predictive analytics as part of B2B marketing is especially hot.
- Radius, predictive marketing analytics developer, raises $50 Mln
- Continuum Analytics, developer of the Anaconda analytics platform, raised $24 Mln.
- Predictive analytics B2B company Leadspace, raised $18 Mln.
- Enterprise platform for Big Data-As-A-Service Cazena raises $20 Mln.
- DataFox Intelligence, provider of prospecting, tracking, and pipeline management solutions, raised $5 Mln.
- Tango, provider of in-store software for retailers, raised $30 Mln.
- DemandBase, B2B targeting and personalization company, raised $30 Mln.
- Credit Benchmark, a London-based provider of credit risk data and analytics, raised $20 Mln.
- 6sense, predictive marketing analytics startup, raised undisclosed amount from Salesforce
- Apprenda, PaaS developer, raised $24 Mln.
- Delphix, provider of data-as-a-service solutions, raised $75 Mln.
- Medallia, provider of SaaS customer service products, raised $150 Mln.
- Scale Computing, provider of hyper-converged solutions, raised $18 Mln.
- DigitalOcean, provider of cloud infrastructure for developers, raised $83 Mln.
- Confluent, platform built around Apache Kafka, has raised $24 Mln.
- Ziften, provider of continuous endpoint visibility, raised $24 Mln.
- CrowdStrike, cybersecurity provider, raised $100 Mln.
- RedOwl, cybersecurity startup, raised $17 Mln.
- TrapX Security, provider of decoy-based cybersdefense,” raised $9 Mln.
- The Israeli cybersecurity startup Adallom was reportedly bought by Microsoft for $320 million.